Challenges facing food industry organizations differ; so should plans for the paths to address them.
- If strengths and weaknesses are unclear or out of date, plan a Discovery path.
- If weaknesses are hampering results, plan an Improvement path.
- If strengths can be made even stronger, plan a Cutting Edge path.
- If a problem is still impeding results, plan a Replacement or Substitution path.
- If investing in a new product or service, plan an Exposure path.
- If capabilities are not clearly differentiated, plan an Enrichment path.
- If investment in an upgrade is untimely, plan a Workaround path.
- If your brand story is unfamiliar, plan a Marketing path.
- If strengths are not valued by a market or segment, plan a Redeploy and Focus path.
- If decisions out of your control threaten business, plan a Contingency path.
As each challenge is defined, so is the right method to work on improving it, through it or around it.